Sunday, May 01, 2005


One more before bedtime. We had a major marathon in Vancouver, this morning. I went downstairs at about 7:30 and throngs of runners were passing in front of the hotel (yep, that's the hotel reflected in the building across the street). About 2 hours later, they were still at it. Huge event. I should complain that I couldn't make it across the street when the runners were trying for 26 miles (about 42 kilometers, I think). Sheesh, gasoline is 1.05/liter, distance is measured in kilometers, temperature is in Celsius, I'm actually beginning to think in metric. I digress, you can view some of the pictures here: http://flickr.com/photos/31922387@N00/sets/291580/ ...Most of the buildings here are glass and steel, a very few are remnants from the concrete, brick and mortar era. We found one of them. After dinner, we looked up at a building on the way back to the hotel and saw...gargoyles (sorry 'bout the spelling). Will try to get photos, tomorrow. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home